· 7 DAYS BEFORE treatment (to prevent bruising): Avoid blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as Motrin, Aspirin,Aleve, and Ibuprofen.
· Avoid herbal supplements, such as Garlic,Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, St. John’s Wort, and Omega-3 capsules. Please note: If you have a cardiovascular history, please check with your doctor prior to stopping use of Aspirin.
· 3 DAYS BEFORE treatment: Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinols, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, or any “anti-aging” products. Also, avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or the use of hair removal cream on the area to be treated.
· If you are experiencing any type of skin problem in the area being treated with dermal fillers, such as cold sores, rashes, cysts or pimples which can be located around the mouth. Lip fillers should be postponed. Inform your provider if you have a history of Perioral Herpes to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
· Avoid dental work (including standard teeth cleaning) at least 2 weeks prior to treatment and one month following treatment. Avoid oral surgery at least 4 weeks prior to treatment and one month following treatment.
· Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
· Do not use Dermal Fillers if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients,
or suffer from any neurological disorders. Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment.
o Please do not wear makeup.
o To maximize your comfort during the procedure, a topical anesthetic may be applied. In some cases, a local numbing medication will be injected into or around the area(s) to be treated.
o You may experience a mild amount of tenderness or a stinging sensation following injection.
o To ensure a smooth and even correction, your provider may massage the area(s) treated, which may cause a temporary redness to your skin.
· Bruising may be visible, apply a topical cream Arnica cream to minimize pain and bruising.
· Redness, swelling are normal and may experience tenderness after the treatment which may last for a few hours.
· It may take 1 or 2 weeks for the areas treated to be settle.